Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the role of Games Promotion Officer, Derry GAA.
The post holder is responsible for the implementation of a project or set of projects as outlined in GAA Games Development Policy. The post holder will work as part of a team, in conjunction with other full time and voluntary personnel, to deliver set goals and objectives for all GAA sports.
1. Organise, coordinate and implement (where necessary) Games Development Project(s) for the following as outlined by the County Games Development Manager:
Games Opportunities: A regular programme of games appropriate to the age and ability of the various playing groups at Child/Primary, Youth/Secondary and Adult/Third Level.
Skill Development Initiatives: Coaching and skill development initiatives appropriate to the age and ability of the various playing groups at Child/Primary, Youth/Secondary and Adult/Third Level.
Education Programmes: A programmes of courses and workshops appropriate to the requirements of Coaches, Administrators and Referees to fulfil their various functions in a Games Development context.
Support Initiatives: Initiatives to support the development of a sustainable sports system by managing the identification, recruitment and training of key personnel within Clubs, Schools and Counties to effectively develop Gaelic Games in the community.
2. Report on the implementation of the project(s) on a regular basis, and particularly ensure that data relating to the implementation of the project(s) is available on a quarterly basis through the use of the GAA Games Development Information Management System (MIS).
3. Maintain key lines of communication with project stakeholders to ensure the successful completion of the project(s).
4. Liaise with Provincial and County Games Development Personnel and attend meetings and personnel training as required, to support the development of the function and the role.
5. Complete any other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the County Games Development Manager, Designated County Officer or the County Games Development Committee.
· At least 3 years’ experience of working in the GAA or similar sporting organisation (Voluntary or Professional Capacity);
· Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills;
· Excellent administrative and IT skills with a strong working knowledge of IT related packages and systems;
· Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written);
· Ability to work independently on own initiative and perform as part of a team;
· Clear and detailed knowledge of the GAA’s coaching schemes and initiatives;
· Foundation Level GAA Coaching Qualification.
· Award 1 GAA Coaching Qualification;
· Experience of coaching and development in Gaelic games.
· Relevant third level qualification (minimum level 6 NFQ);
· Excellent relationship and conflict management skills; ability to be flexible and handle challenging situations;
· Own car with a full clean driving license;
· Ability to work and attend evening and weekend meetings/activities in addition to normal day to day activities.
Candidates interested in the above role should apply with an up to date cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to Derry GAA Operations Manager, Stephen Barker : firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 1pm on Friday 30th September.
For full details please see the following Job Description: